Glasford Photos


Note: These pictures are thumbnails...please click on them for a larger image.

All these photos were contributed by E. McKenna

An early view of Main Street..

Main Street: early 1900's


Another view of Main St.:
early 1900's

A. L. Fahnestock's General Store:
circa 1900


Charles Trautsch Barber Shop
circa 1900

Colt Show on Main St.: 1915
Glasford Concert Band


Fahnestock's Garage/
Jefford's Blacksmith Shop

Glasford House (near the depot)
It was operated by Sam Glasford


First Glasford Gas Station:
built by Seebo Weers.
Joe Clauson in the photo.

Ace Johnson Livery and Stable
on North Oak Street


Lightbody Elevator was destroyed
by fire. Mill in the background.

Lumber Yard
Owned by W. V. Watson


Malmgren Blacksmith Shop: 1900
John Wilson, John Reiger &
Sam Silzell

Mule drivers at Newsam
Coal Mine: circa 1915


Original Post Office & Village Hall
constructed about 1880

Saylor Implement Store
circa early 1900's


T. P. W. Depot: circa 1909

T. P. W. train ran through Glasford
from Peoria to Keokuk: circa 1900


Timber Post G. A. R. at Kingston Mines cemetery
l to r: John Q. Clark, Harmon Schultz, Chas. Tharp,
Martin Brown, Colonel A. L. Fahnestock, Louis Krisher,
John Fahnestock, bass drummer (not a member); Hale Wilson,
James Shreffler, fifer; Sammy Silzell, snare drummer, A. G. Spong,
Lemuel Baker(not a member, holding Vicie Murphy), Cyrus Johnston,
Jacob Wilson, Eugene Murphy, the boy in the front.


A Methodist Church picnic in the 1920's


Sarah Elizabeth and Samuel Alexander Glasford
Glasford was founded by Samuel in 1868
where he lived until his death in Nov., 1896.


Saylors: (Seated) Mrs. Amy
Fuller Saylor & daughters
l to r: Harriett Duffield, Alice Hall and
Amy Fahnestock

George Sonnemaker (& friend)
fishing. Ice house on the right.
circa 1900


Any contributions, corrections, or suggestions
would be deeply appreciated!

Copyright Janine Crandell & all contributors
All rights reserved