Dunlap High School
|"The first high school was started in 1893 and
consisted of a two year course with very little choice of subjects.
After the new building was erected, the four year course was started and
the school has since been accredited.
In 1926, a large community high school building
was erected, thus taking all of the older students from the grade
building and making much more room. The new building is very fine and it
is a landmark, which the people of Dunlap can well be proud."
Early History of all of the 1945 schools was
compiled and written by John Hayes, Superindendent of School
submitted by Julie Polonus
Dunlap High School Play: 1947
Center is Glen Carr with cane, girl, then girl
with painted face is Sandra Harlan
Left side Benny Allen, ? , Ben Speck,
Ivan Harlan and seated is Phyllis Holocker
Right Side Standing Joyce
Wiesehan, Jim Ewalt, Sara Elwell and Dick Seppelt
seated is Bob
Hollingsworth, Betty Reynolds
Submitted by Julie Polonus
Any contributions, corrections, or suggestions would be deeply appreciated!
Peoria County Home Page
Copyright © Janine Crandell & all contributors
All rights reserved